This book is for everybody who already can design a PCB in KiCad and wants to start with 3D design in KiCad.
Important to know is that this book does not cover schematic or PCB design. We start with a project and from there we focus on the 3D feature of KiCad. You also will be using FreeCAD, free 3D CAD software.
This is a step by step guide. Through a number of exercises you will learn the following tasks:
- Import an existing 3D model in KiCad
- Import an enclosure in to the PCB design
- Align components to the enclosure
- Export the PCB from KiCad to FreeCAD
- Create holes in the enclosure for the components
- Import the enclosure with the holes in KiCad
This book is only available as digital download in Adobe PDF format. Paper size is A4 and can easily be printed or just read from your screen.
Here you can download a preview of the book to get an impression about the book:
After your order is completed you will be able to download a zip file. Unpack this on your computer. The zip file contains the book and the required project files to do the exercises.